Getting Started

General Info

Find general information for new USask employees including necessary paperwork and common tasks like getting your Employee ID Card or applying for parking or setting up your workspace.


  • New Faculty Orientation 2024 - September 4, 2024
    • Full day agenda coming soon

Teaching Support

Strong teaching practice is the cornerstone of what makes us a vibrant, successful university. Our Learning Charter clarifies our commitments. 

The Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning has a variety of programs and resources to support you including designing a course or syllabus, learning engaging ways to teach a large class, knowing how to use technologies, or selecting effective assessment methods. We can also help you start gathering evidence of your teaching practice for promotion and tenure, or support you in completing teaching certification.

Research Support

There are many supports available for your research and partnership activities from the planning stages to securing funding to ensuring your research is executed to the highest operational, financial, legal, ethical and safety standards. Get help with:

Recruiting or Supervising Grad Students or PDFs

The relationship with your students/pdfs is extremely important and a significant contributor to your research program. There is support and information available to help you with the related administrative, academic and research aspects of this critical relationship.

Faculty Relations Support

Faculty Relations provides support in the areas of recruitment and appointment processes, career development, salary review and tenure and promotion, and negotiations with the Faculty Association.

College Specific

Please contact your home department/college/school to inquire about resources for new faculty. They will often have guides or handbooks for college specific supports available to you.


In addition to the teaching, research and faculty relations support listed above there are many other services available on campus: 


Purchasing and payments, travel and expenses and more.

ConnectionPoint can help with administrative services associated to purchasing and payments, travel and expenses and certain research administrative services such as transferring research funds between institutions. 

Employee and Campus Services

Find employee support and service resources including:

  • Pay and time reporting
  • Safety and wellness resources
  • IT Support
  • Parking
  • Marketing and Communications
  • and more


For more information please contact the Vice-Provost, Faculty Relations: